I use technology, including biofeedback tools and techniques, as part of my practice to help you achieve optimal performance. This can mean your performance as an employee, a parent, a significant other, an athlete, an artist; or it can mean an all-around increased ability to perform at your best. Stress often stands in the way of optimal performance. Stress can affect you mentally, physically, and emotionally. My specialty training can help you address all three at the same time. By practicing biofeedback, you will learn mindfulness techniques and ways to shift your emotional state to maintain a healthy and clear mind and body.
Biofeedback is the process of seeing a real-time physiological process happening within your body. Seeing real-time results allows you to manipulate your body into an optimal state of performance in-the-moment. My practice focuses on heart-rate variability (HRV) – the beat-to-beat changes in your heart rate. HRV reflects your ability to adapt to stress.
I am a Certified HeartMath Practitioner through the HeartMath Institute. I combine HeartMath biofeedback self-regulation tools and technologies into my therapeutic work with adults. This includes the use of HRV biofeedback in conjunction with specific tools to guide you in establishing a new physiological baseline for health. This results in sustainable attitude and behavior changes. The goal of this work is to reach a state of peak performance through this physiological baseline shift.
People who may benefit from biofeedback and similar therapeutic work include:
- Those with chronic, daily stress
- Leaders wanting to gain an edge in performance
- Athletes wanting to get in “the zone”
- Performers needing to quiet their internal world to channel their art
- Those who need help transitioning from one part of life to another (e.g. stressful workday to home; one high stress meeting to the next)
- Those experiencing high anxiety on a daily basis
- Anyone wanting to learn a new way to be their best self from one moment to the next